“Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself.” Ralph Waldo Emerson
In the spirit of adding a bit of happiness to your day, I present five reasons why you should be happy today!
1. I think we can all agree that being happy is more fun than being sad. If anyone out there says that they would rather be unhappy than happy, I am calling your bluff.
2. Today is another gift, another opportunity. Take advantage of this day because yesterday is over and tomorrow has yet to come. Today is the only day you can control.
3. You deserve to be happy. You might as well accept this today. No matter what anyone else tells you have the right to be happy. You are born with the innate desire to be happy.
4. When you are happy, others around you are happy (or at least happier). This is a great reason to be joyful. Who wants to be around a group of depressed people today? Not me. I am sure you feel the same way. Put your smile on and spread some joy to those around you.
5. Tomorrow is not guaranteed so why not be happy today? Today is precious so don’t waste it. Enjoy the day and put your energy and focus into being happy.